The United Arab Emirates has strongly positioned itself as a tourism hub of the world. With projects like the Jebel Jais Zipline, there is no denying that the oil-rich country is attracting more and more tourists each year from all over. With numerous attractions, one of the country’s major sources of revenue is tourism, and UAE knows how imperative it is for the country.
Jebel Jais Zipline in Ras Al Khaimah
The northernmost emirate of UAE is Ras Al Khaimah – one of the seven emirates which add up to make the United Arab Emirates. On the city’s outskirts, there is Jabal Jais, the highest mountain of UAE at 1,892 m (6,207 feet) above sea level.
According to Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA), the world’s highest and longest Zipline will be opening on the highest peak of Jebel Jais in the first week of December 2017. This is an adventure tourism project that has the potential of becoming one of the major tourism centers in the world.
A 1,823m drop at Jebel Jais is one of the most enthralling points of this zipline. RAKTDA and Toro Verde have partnered up for this project. Tore Verde is the renowned company that built and currently owns ‘The Monster,’ the longest zipline in the entire world. The unnamed zipline will be 3-times the height of the tallest structure in the world, Burj Khalifa.
What You Need to Know About the Zipline
– In length, the zipline will be more than whooping 28 football fields
– The zipline has the capacity of accommodating about 250 people per day
– It plans to surpass ‘The Monster’ zipline in Puerto Rico (current Guinness World Record holder), which is 2,200 meters long
– The zipline will be eco-friendly since it will be deploying locally-sourced natural material and solar energy
– The participants will be propelled with a speed of up to 130km/h
– Jebel Jais zipline will be open to all ages, given that the participants qualify for requirements such as 35 Kg (minimum weight), 150 Kg (maximum weight), and 120cm (minimum height)
An Experience like Never Before
One thing is for certain, the extreme conditions of Jebel Jais will provide a truly unique and mesmerizing experience. Imagine flying at high speeds of 55 to 80 miles per hour along with spectacular sights to make your experience one of kind. There is no doubt that Jebel Jais has all the traits to become the next big adventure hub of the world.
Note: Look for any travel apps that may help with a trip like this. If you have never traveled to a place like Dubai, apps can help.
If you have a passion for adventure then you need to know that December is coming for you!